Australia is among many countries where horse racing is a popular and prestigious sport. The Melbourne Cup is Australia’s most famous thoroughbred horse race – it is an annual event that is not only about sports but about being seen! It is marketed at ‘the race that stops the nation’. Bettors come from all around the world: the cup is a spectacularly grand social gathering.
To make betting at the Melbourne Cup easier, TAB.com.au came up with detailed horse betting options.
Betting Options in at the Melbourne Cup:
- Win Bet – TAB.com.au offers odds wherein bettors can bet and win by simply picking a horse that will probably win.
- Place Bet – this is a bet in which horses will finish in the top three places in the race.
- Each Way – this is a betting option wherein a wager collects the returns of the Win bets and Place bets if the horse wins. If it places second, the bettor will only get the win for Place bets.
- Head To Head – in this bet, the bettor picks two horses and bets on either of the two to win.
- Live Betting – the bettor can still bet on a race even if the race has already started.
- Futures – The Melbourne Cup accepts advance bets. Some bettors prefer to place their bets well in advance. This is quite risky as you can’t predict the horse’s condition on the day of the race.
- Exotics – Quinella, Exacta, Trifecta, First 4, Quaddie, Big 6. These options can be quite lucrative.
Quinella and Exacta are almost identical, except for the order in which the horses must finish in first and second place. In a Trifecta bet, the bettor selects the top three horses – they must finish in the correct order. Quaddie is a harder option as the bettor has to pick four possible winners. For the Big 6 bets, the bettor has to pick six winners.
Categories: Racing Basics